    SubjectDual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

    As we know the forthcoming GPL V3 will be not compatible with the GPL V2
    and Linux Kernel is GPL V2 only.
    So, another point is, which is previously mentioned by Linus and others,
    that if it is decided to upgrade the Linux Kernel's License to GPL V3,
    it is needed the permission of all the maintainers permission who
    contributed to the Linux Kernel and there are a lot of lost or dead
    maintainers. Which makes it impossible to get all the maintainers'
    But; if the Linux kernel should Dual-Licensed (GPL V2 and GPL V3), it
    will allow us the both worlds' fruits like code exchanging from other
    Open Source Projects (OpenSolaris etc.) that is compatible with GPL V3
    and not with GPL V2 and of course the opposite is applicable,too.

    So;at this situation, what is possibility to make the Linux Kernel
    Dual-Licensed as I mentioned above and what is your opinions and
    suggestions about this idea ?

    Tarkan Erimer

      Last update: 2007-06-09 07:49    [W:0.019 / U:8.872 seconds]