    On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 07:36:39PM +1000, Neil Brown wrote:
    > And I wouldn't be surprised if there were some legal precedent that
    > allowed for some process whereby we could make a "best effort" to
    > contact copyright holders (including registered paper letters and
    > entries in the "Public Notices" section of major newspapers) and if
    > no-one stepped forward to claim copyright in a reasonable period of
    > time we could assume that the copyright had lapsed. But you would
    > need to ask a lawyer, and it would be different in different
    > countries.

    A legal precedent valid in all jurisdictions?

    Harald suceessfully takes legal actions against people violating his
    copyright on the Linux kernel under the terms of the GPL in Germany at
    German courts based on German laws.

    If someone finds any legal precedent in Finland or the USA or Russia
    that some copyright would have lapsed for some reason, would this have
    any legal effect in Germany?

    > NeilBrown

    cu
    Adrian