    > > So, does it mean we can change the license of the dead people's code ?
    > >
    > Please realize that one doesn't need to be dead to become
    > uncommunicative incapacitated or vanish. The only need to be somewhere
    > other than where they were without updating anyone.
    > Here is a very humorous, but sort of scary theoretical :
    > "Linus was so disturbed by the code in a submitted patch that he had a
    > nervous breakdown and spent the next 30 years in a padded room.
    > Unfortunately, no provisions were left to determine what happens to his
    > copyrights should he become incapacitated."

    License is only promise not to sue. If Linus is safely in a padded
    room, I'll happily relicense Linux under GPLv17, knowing he is not
    going to sue me :-).

    (And actually, if he's in a padded room, there's probably someone who
    can act in his name. At least czech law works like that.)
    (cesky, pictures)

      Last update: 2007-06-13 15:53    [W:0.032 / U:6.388 seconds]