SubjectRe: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?
On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Linux Mailing list account wrote:

> Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me that
> ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute to
> realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right ones
> don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to me
> every time :)
> Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys to be
> used?

Not specifically, but you _shouldn't_ use ctrl-alt-del
to reboot your system. You should to a reboot or telinit 6
(when under Linux or RedHat) to make a clean reboot.

| For Linux mm-patches, go to | "I'm busy managing memory.." |
| my homepage (via LinuxHQ). | |
| ...submissions welcome... | |