    SubjectRe: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?
    On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Linux Mailing list account wrote:

    > Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me that
    > ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute to
    > realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right ones
    > don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to me
    > every time :)
    > Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys to be
    > used?

    Not specifically, but you _shouldn't_ use ctrl-alt-del
    to reboot your system. You should to a reboot or telinit 6
    (when under Linux or RedHat) to make a clean reboot.

    | For Linux mm-patches, go to | "I'm busy managing memory.." |
    | my homepage (via LinuxHQ). | |
    | ...submissions welcome... | |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.035 / U:4.500 seconds]