SubjectRe: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Linux Mailing list account wrote:

> Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me that
> ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute to
> realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right ones
> don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to me
> every time :)
>
> Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys to be
> used?

Being in the US and not needing AltGr I often modify the kernel key table
so that left and right alt keys are the same (Alt). This is easily done
(look at /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/defkeymap.map and "man loadkeys").
You can also do this without modifying the kernel my just using loadkeys
to load a new keymap.

Take it easy,
Ken Jordan

P.S. You could also map ctrl-alt-delete to any other key combo you
wanted.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.049 / U:0.036 seconds]