SubjectRe: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?
Hi!

> Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me that
> ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute to
> realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right ones
> don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to me
> every time :)

Hmm, change defkeymap.map. I already have this change and *many*
others. defkeymap.map is rather 'user-servicable'.

BTW if he wants to reboot system, he still can login root/ shutdown -r
now.

> Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys to be
> used?

Yes. AltGr is different than Alt for linux. (Not for *my* linux any
more ;-). I also like to press C-A-D by one hand...

Pavel

--
I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel
Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).