    SubjectRe: ctrl-alt-del not handicap accesable?
    Hi!

    > Recently, a friend of mine (who only has one arm) was complaining to me that
    > ctrl-alt-del did not shutdown/reboot his linux box. It took me a minute to
    > realize that you must use the left control and alt keys -- the right ones
    > don't work. He now uses his nose to reboot his system, but complains to me
    > every time :)

    Hmm, change defkeymap.map. I already have this change and *many*
    others. defkeymap.map is rather 'user-servicable'.

    BTW if he wants to reboot system, he still can login root/ shutdown -r
    now.

    > Is there any reason we are only allowing the left control and alt keys to be
    > used?

    Yes. AltGr is different than Alt for linux. (Not for *my* linux any
    more ;-). I also like to press C-A-D by one hand...

    Pavel

    --
    I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel
    Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).