SubjectRe: 2.3.x wish list?

around the time that 2.2 came out I was rebuilding my home machine and as
I was using a large drive I decided to try formatting with 8K block sizes
(as I have never had a system use more then 50% of the inodes) and I
discovered that I could not boot from the drive! I could boot from a
floppy and mount the drive, but not boot from it. As soon as I reformatted
with 4K block size I had no problems. I was using slackware 3.6 and
whatever version of lilo is included with it.

David Lang