SubjectRe: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts
Linus Torvalds writes:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Zan Lynx wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds like they shouldn't be in MAINTAINERS at all if they can't be
> > > posted to. I mean, what's the point?
> >
> > Compared to the time required to write up a good bug report or patch,
> > what's the problem with the couple minutes needed to subscribe,
> > authorize and _then_ post to the list?
>
> Sorry, bu that just isn't how it works.
>
> Bug reports should be more important to the recipient than to the sender.
> Anything you do to make it more of a bother is WRONG.

That's true. And being on the linux-dvb list I can't see why they
would want to give it as a maintainer address.
AFAIR, recently there was only one guy from convergence sending in
patches for the kernel anyway. But maybe they have some problems
within the company so they don't want to name one single person as a
maintainer.
Still they could give some joint mailing address. I don't think it is
necessary to discuss all patches on the list, especially since those
coming from people that are not on the list will probably be quite
trivial or more kernel related than DVB hardware related.

Marcus

| Dr. Marcus O.C. Metzler | |
| mocm@metzlerbros.de | http://www.metzlerbros.de/ |
|>>> I like GNU, but I couldn't eat a whole one <<<|