    SubjectRe: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts
    On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:38:19PM -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:

    > Compared to the time required to write up a good bug report or patch,
    > what's the problem with the couple minutes needed to subscribe,
    > authorize and _then_ post to the list?

    Closed lists are just *rude*. The only intention is to stop spam,
    but personally, I find hoop-jumping like this *more* of an inconvenience
    than spam, (and I get a *lot* of spam, several megs a day on a quiet day)

    Some maintainers get *really pissed off* when you short-circuit them
    and send fixes to Linus directly. But if I'm forced to jump through hoops
    each time I fix up random parts of the kernel, I'm going to be equally
    as rude as I consider they are by doing the best they can to inconvenience
    people with good intentions, and mail them straight to Linus/Andrew/Marcelo.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:74.420 seconds]