    SubjectRe: List 'linux-dvb' closed to public posts
    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 21:15:50 +0000 Dave Jones <> wrote:

    | On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:38:19PM -0700, Zan Lynx wrote:
    | > Compared to the time required to write up a good bug report or patch,
    | > what's the problem with the couple minutes needed to subscribe,
    | > authorize and _then_ post to the list?
    | Closed lists are just *rude*. The only intention is to stop spam,
    | but personally, I find hoop-jumping like this *more* of an inconvenience
    | than spam, (and I get a *lot* of spam, several megs a day on a quiet day)

    Same here.

    | Some maintainers get *really pissed off* when you short-circuit them
    | and send fixes to Linus directly. But if I'm forced to jump through hoops
    | each time I fix up random parts of the kernel, I'm going to be equally
    | as rude as I consider they are by doing the best they can to inconvenience
    | people with good intentions, and mail them straight to Linus/Andrew/Marcelo.

    Agreed. I usually copy such maintainers in private email, but
    it's too much hassle to subscribe to a mailing list just to post
    one patch, especially if there are other ways to have it merged.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:00    [W:0.021 / U:85.600 seconds]