    SubjectRe:kernels not compiling, yadda yadda yadda - let this thread die
    I plead with you reasonable people, let this thread die. This is
    linux-kernel, not linux-kernel-religious-debate... this is becoming
    reminiscent of "emacs vs. vi" or "godzilla vs. mothra".

    I subscribed to this list in order to keep up with the lastest
    developments, as did the majority of us (so I assume), not the gripes of
    "I dunno how to add a #DEFINE myself, and I am pissed because I dunno how
    to make it work, and it should work out of the box". This is not DOS, its
    not precompiled, and yes, a small portion of thought and programming
    knowledge is generally necessary, otherwise you should not be running it,
    as there is no way you can admin a unix system without knowing how to fix
    it when it breaks.

    If you need a module and you do not have the knowledge to fix it,
    please email the author directly. Wait. Someone will post a patch. It will
    be fixed.

    Thank you,

    - Neptho

    Neptho T. Hackman The thing that separates men from animals is that
    The Prince of Perversia we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals, A. J. Rimmer
    Systems Administrator - System Programmer - Security Consultant - Unix Demigod

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.017 / U:3.648 seconds]