    SubjectRe:kernels not compiling, yadda yadda yadda - let this thread die
    I plead with you reasonable people, let this thread die. This is
    linux-kernel, not linux-kernel-religious-debate... this is becoming
    reminiscent of "emacs vs. vi" or "godzilla vs. mothra".

    I subscribed to this list in order to keep up with the lastest
    developments, as did the majority of us (so I assume), not the gripes of
    "I dunno how to add a #DEFINE myself, and I am pissed because I dunno how
    to make it work, and it should work out of the box". This is not DOS, its
    not precompiled, and yes, a small portion of thought and programming
    knowledge is generally necessary, otherwise you should not be running it,
    as there is no way you can admin a unix system without knowing how to fix
    it when it breaks.

    If you need a module and you do not have the knowledge to fix it,
    please email the author directly. Wait. Someone will post a patch. It will
    be fixed.

    Thank you,

    - Neptho

    Neptho T. Hackman The thing that separates men from animals is that
    The Prince of Perversia we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals
    neptho@fucking.bored.com, neptho@neptho.unixgeek.com A. J. Rimmer
    Systems Administrator - System Programmer - Security Consultant - Unix Demigod

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.019 / U:127.932 seconds]