SubjectRe:kernels not compiling, yadda yadda yadda - let this thread die
I plead with you reasonable people, let this thread die. This is
linux-kernel, not linux-kernel-religious-debate... this is becoming
reminiscent of "emacs vs. vi" or "godzilla vs. mothra".

I subscribed to this list in order to keep up with the lastest
developments, as did the majority of us (so I assume), not the gripes of
"I dunno how to add a #DEFINE myself, and I am pissed because I dunno how
to make it work, and it should work out of the box". This is not DOS, its
not precompiled, and yes, a small portion of thought and programming
knowledge is generally necessary, otherwise you should not be running it,
as there is no way you can admin a unix system without knowing how to fix
it when it breaks.

If you need a module and you do not have the knowledge to fix it,
please email the author directly. Wait. Someone will post a patch. It will
be fixed.

Thank you,

- Neptho

Neptho T. Hackman The thing that separates men from animals is that
The Prince of Perversia we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals, A. J. Rimmer
Systems Administrator - System Programmer - Security Consultant - Unix Demigod