SubjectRe: Content of Kernel mailing list
On Sat, 4 Jan 1997, Andrew E. Mileski wrote:

> debugging. Anything that discourages people from reporting bugs, or
> making suggestions, is not taken well.

I am not suggesting that people do not report bugs, but rather
read the list before blind posting something which has been posted there
50 times previously... perhaps I should have explained in a bit more
detail.

> I've tried in the past to stem the tidal wave of junk on this list.
> I've learned to cope with it for the most part, and accepted it as
> "it comes with the territory". Eventually you will too, or you'll
> stop reading the list I suppose.

That is what I had hoped to avoid, I joined this list in the hopes the
majority of the posts would be the discussion of the implementation of
new hardware drivers, software ideas and protocols, I did not realize that
the majority of the discussion was "Please help me fix this", I admit to
being a bit brash in my comments, but I still believe that most had
understood that I was pleeding that one reads their current Inbox to see
if someone else has already posted this before creating a duplicate entry.

Sincerely,
Neptho T.
Neptho T. Hackman The thing that separates men from animals is that
The Prince of Perversia we don't use our tongues to clean our own genitals
neptho@neptho.unixgeek.com A. J. Rimmer
Systems Administrator - System Programmer - Security Consultant - Unix Demigod

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.058 / U:10.184 seconds]