    SubjectRe: kernels not compiling, yadda yadda yadda - let this thread die
    Date
    > If you need a module and you do not have the knowledge to fix it,
    > please email the author directly. Wait. Someone will post a patch. It will
    > be fixed.

    I think you'll find a large contingent on this list that will disagree
    with you - the mailing list is meant for kernel development and hence
    debugging. Anything that discourages people from reporting bugs, or
    making suggestions, is not taken well.

    I've tried in the past to stem the tidal wave of junk on this list.
    I've learned to cope with it for the most part, and accepted it as
    "it comes with the territory". Eventually you will too, or you'll
    stop reading the list I suppose.

    --
    Andrew E. Mileski mailto:aem@ott.hookup.net
    Linux Plug-and-Play Kernel Project http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pnp/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.018 / U:59.504 seconds]