    SubjectRe: too much untested code in new kernels (fwd)
    Date
    > hardware/software/users can do these tests. But there is no  such project
    > at present, Linux does not have a QC department and I doubt distribution
    > makers will spend the money required to do this. The people who can run

    I think you might be suprised by a) how much work some people do with things
    like destruction testing. I've got email from people who've done things like
    7 day SMP and floating point torture testing on 4 CPU boxes. I have accounts
    on several very large Linux boxes for doing tracing and kernel gdb probing
    under odd funny cases

    The Linux vendors also do a fair bit of work (some at least) to ensure the
    entire package they ship is stable.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:38    [W:0.016 / U:60.268 seconds]