Subjectmore NCR53c8xx ext2 problems.
Hello,

I had reported some e2fs corruption (errors like others have
reported, with bogus d_reclen, d_namelen) a month or so ago on my
system. Finding no resolution, I gave up and backed everything up,
and re-mkfs'ed. The errors were gone for a few weeks, but now they
are back.

In the interim, I have seen others report the same problems
with NCR53c8xx (mine is an 810, with a conner disk as the only
device), so... basically I'm wondering where to go from here. Is
there any resolution to this problem (i.e. twiddling config options?
I've already disabled sync, disconnect, and fast mode... or twiddling
the compile options that aren't available through 'make config'?)

I'd be happy to help out debugging this problem. I can try to
find a reliable way to reproduce it, i'll try stealing some swap to
make an fs on and playing with it. All I can say is that I spend a
lot of time overnight writing smallish files in the same directory,
which seems consistent with someone else's report (I saw someone
running a news server...)

thanks,

todd.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:37    [W:0.090 / U:0.432 seconds]