    SubjectRe: vger rejecting messages from mediaone (ORBS is evil)
    On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > almost since it's inception. They are also blocking which hosts VA
    > > linux systems,, Ebay, etc. Dave Rand (founder of and author
    > > of the free MRTG software) is violently anti-spam. is being blocked by
    > Then he should fix his open relays. Sorry I _get_ (got nowdays I use orbs)
    > spam from There are over a hundred open relays on from
    > the database. A quick test by a #linux user found that's main mail
    > machine appeared to relaying when fed the old <"user@domain"@domain> chestnut

    This is rather ammusing, as the system that delivers mail from
    vger to *.com *.org and *.edu is hosted at I too
    think that ORBS and most of the other black list solutions are
    evil, but are they more or less evil than spam? It's just like
    last year's black list argument on l-k about blocking dialup
    pools, is the inconvenience worth it? I for one think it is.

    | Aaron T Porter | If you can't code it -- support it |
    | | Help make Linux work for everyone |
    | | Subscribe to linux-admin today. |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.019 / U:4.236 seconds]