    SubjectRe: FS idea

    > > I wrote userfs specifically as a research tool to see what was possible. I
    > > knew at the time that NFS was a candidate, but I didn't want to be bound into
    > > being compatible with anything.
    > >
    > > NFS's stateless model makes some things harder to do, but for most things it
    > > should be pretty reasonable. Performance won't be too good, but userfs was no
    > > champ in that area...
    > I had submitted some patches to 2.0.3x a couple months ago to allow
    > mounting an NFS server on a non-standard port, so I could add my own
    > filesystems using NFS, without interfering with the NFS server running
    > on the machine.

    Which filesystems did you add, BTW? I'm currenly trying with Olaf
    Kirch about making adding filesystems to nfsd much more easier...

    Could you please mail me that patch? I might be able to port it to
    2.1.X... What modifications were needed to nfs server?

    > Alan rejected the patches because 2.0.3x is supposed to be the stable
    > kernel, and desire for the patch is probably low. Does 2.1.x have
    > this functionality in it? It would be very useful to me.

    Could you please mail me that patch? I'd certainly like it, too.

    I'm really Pavel
    Look at ;-).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:5.764 seconds]