SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.35-rc2

> The first problem that shows up is, that after the KMS switches to the
> correct video mode (1280x1024 for an DVI attached LCD), the display
> begins to flicker. Every 1..2 seconds (guesstimated) the display turns
> off and on again. Something in the new powersaving?
>
> This keeps up during userspace bootup, but probably around the time
> Xorg starts the display goes blank and does not come back on. I'm not
> sure if this final part is really a bug with KMS/radeon/Xorg because
> the system died at that point because of the second problem with
> 2.6.35-rc2, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Same is the case with me. I have an Acer aspire 3000 and a assembled Pentium 4
machine. Both show the same behaviour. Monitor flickers, display turns off,
and never turns back on. X doesn't always start correctly. I need to do, CTRL_ALT_F2
and CTRL_ALT_F7 couple of times before I get it working again.

- Himanshu

  Last update: 2010-06-06 17:51    [W:0.511 / U:0.320 seconds]