    SubjectRe: Linux mdadm superblock question.
    >0.90 has a very bad problem, which is that it is hard to distinguish
    >between a RAID partition at the end of volume and a full RAID device.
    >This is because 0.90 doesn't actually tell you the start of the device.
    >Then, of course, there are a lot of limitations on size, number of
    >devices, and so on in 0.90.

    but it is the only format supporting autodetection.

    So - when will autodetection be introduced with 1.X? And if not, why not?

    All I found was 'autodetection might be troublesome' and nothing else.
    But dealing with initrds is troublesome too. Pure evil even.

    Glück Auf,

      Last update: 2010-02-14 02:55    [W:0.020 / U:2.380 seconds]