SubjectRe: Possible regression? 2.6.26-rc1: T61s failure after suspend/resume
On Fri, 9 May 2008, Glauber Costa wrote:

> I can't reproduce it neither, and looking at the code over and over
> again, see no obvious point for the breakage. I'll try to reproduce it
> myself,
> to see if I can spot something. But correct me if I'm wrong, this is
> all 64-bit machines, right?
>
> I'm stuck with mostly 32-bit hardware, but will give it a try anyway.

The machine is 64-bit capable (Core2 Duo), but the kernels I'm running
for this are 32-bit, so I doubt that the 64-bitability is relevant.
I'd love to see what happens with a 64-bit kernel, but I never get
back from suspend with it (and that's not a recent regression).
Carlos is also seeing this with a 32-bit kernel (on P4 Xeon with HT).

Please don't take my git bisection result too seriously: that's where
it led when I fudged things around enough, and treated blank screens
as manifestations of the problem, which very likely they're not
(there's some other bug which makes it very variable how quickly
I resume). And also, I wasn't checking how many cpus came up each
time: I wouldn't be surprised if at some points in your series only
one would come up, which would then look like a "good" point to me.

Thanks,
Hugh

  Last update: 2008-05-09 18:25    [W:0.155 / U:0.104 seconds]