    SubjectRe: Possible regression? 2.6.26-rc1: T61s failure after suspend/resume
    On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Hugh Dickins <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 May 2008, Glauber Costa wrote:
    > >
    > > I can't reproduce it neither, and looking at the code over and over
    > > again, see no obvious point for the breakage. I'll try to reproduce it
    > > myself,
    > > to see if I can spot something. But correct me if I'm wrong, this is
    > > all 64-bit machines, right?
    > >
    > > I'm stuck with mostly 32-bit hardware, but will give it a try anyway.
    > The machine is 64-bit capable (Core2 Duo), but the kernels I'm running
    > for this are 32-bit, so I doubt that the 64-bitability is relevant.
    > I'd love to see what happens with a 64-bit kernel, but I never get
    > back from suspend with it (and that's not a recent regression).
    > Carlos is also seeing this with a 32-bit kernel (on P4 Xeon with HT).
    > Please don't take my git bisection result too seriously: that's where
    > it led when I fudged things around enough, and treated blank screens
    > as manifestations of the problem, which very likely they're not
    > (there's some other bug which makes it very variable how quickly
    > I resume). And also, I wasn't checking how many cpus came up each
    > time: I wouldn't be surprised if at some points in your series only
    > one would come up, which would then look like a "good" point to me.
    This is very unlikely. Exactly because I knew problems were likely to
    arise in such a delicate thing, I was
    extremely careful to make it not an issue. But yeah, ultimately, it can happen.

    Glauber Costa.
    "Free as in Freedom"

    "The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."

     \ /
      Last update: 2008-05-09 18:29    [W:0.021 / U:37.656 seconds]