    SubjectRe: Possible regression? 2.6.26-rc1: T61s failure after suspend/resume
    On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Hugh Dickins <hugh@veritas.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 May 2008, Glauber Costa wrote:
    > >
    > > I can't reproduce it neither, and looking at the code over and over
    > > again, see no obvious point for the breakage. I'll try to reproduce it
    > > myself,
    > > to see if I can spot something. But correct me if I'm wrong, this is
    > > all 64-bit machines, right?
    > >
    > > I'm stuck with mostly 32-bit hardware, but will give it a try anyway.
    >
    > The machine is 64-bit capable (Core2 Duo), but the kernels I'm running
    > for this are 32-bit, so I doubt that the 64-bitability is relevant.
    > I'd love to see what happens with a 64-bit kernel, but I never get
    > back from suspend with it (and that's not a recent regression).
    > Carlos is also seeing this with a 32-bit kernel (on P4 Xeon with HT).
    >
    > Please don't take my git bisection result too seriously: that's where
    > it led when I fudged things around enough, and treated blank screens
    > as manifestations of the problem, which very likely they're not
    > (there's some other bug which makes it very variable how quickly
    > I resume). And also, I wasn't checking how many cpus came up each
    > time: I wouldn't be surprised if at some points in your series only
    > one would come up, which would then look like a "good" point to me.

    This is very unlikely. Exactly because I knew problems were likely to
    arise in such a delicate thing, I was
    extremely careful to make it not an issue. But yeah, ultimately, it can happen.

    --
    Glauber Costa.
    "Free as in Freedom"

    "The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."

      Last update: 2008-05-09 18:29    [W:0.020 / U:59.928 seconds]