Subject[patch 00/20] paravirt_ops updates
Hi Andi,

Here's a repost of the paravirt_ops update series I posted the other day.
Since then, I found a few potential bugs with patching clobbering,
cleaned up and documented paravirt.h and the patching machinery.

Overview:

add-MAINTAINERS.patch
obvious

remove-CONFIG_DEBUG_PARAVIRT.patch
No longer meaningful or needed.

paravirt-nop.patch
Clean up nop paravirt_ops functions, mainly to allow the patching
machinery to easily identify them.

paravirt-pte-accessors.patch
Accessors to allow pv_ops to control the content of pagetable entries.

paravirt-memory-init.patch
Hook into initial pagetable creation.

paravirt-fixmap.patch
Create a fixmap for early paravirt_ops mappings.

shared-kernel-pmd.patch
Make the choice of whether the kernel pmd is shared between
processes or not a runtime selectable flag.

mm-lifetime-hooks.patch
Hooks to allow the creation, use and destruction of an mm_struct
to be followed.

paravirt-patch-rename-paravirt_patch.patch
Rename a structure to make its use a bit more clear.

paravirt-use-offset-site-ids.patch
Use the offsetof each function pointer in paravirt_ops as the
basis of its patching identifier.

paravirt-fix-clobbers.patch
Fix up various register/use clobber problems. This may be 2.6.21
material, but I don't think it will materially affect VMI.

paravirt-patchable-call-wrappers.patch
Wrap each paravirt_ops call to allow the callsites to be runtime
patched.

paravirt-document-paravirt_ops.patch
Document the paravirt_ops structure itself, the patching
mechanism, and other cleanups.

paravirt-patch-machinery.patch
General patch machinery for use by pv_ops backends to implment
patching.

paravirt-flush_tlb_others.patch
Add a hook for cross-cpu tlb flushing.

revert-map_pt_hook.patch
Back out the map_pt_hook change.

paravirt-kmap_atomic_pte.patch
Replace map_pt_hook with kmap_atomic_pte.

cleanup-tsc-sched-clock.patch
Clean up the tsc-based sched_clock. (I think you already
have this.)

paravirt-sched-clock.patch
Add a hook for sched_clock, so that paravirt_ops backends can
report unstolen time for use as the scheduler clock.

apply-to-page-range.patch
Apply a function to a range of pagetable entries.

Thanks,