    > > However, auxdisplay means "auxiliary display device drivers", not _the
    > > display_. In such folder we can put every
    > > auxiliar-optional-secundary-rare display (not just LCDs, framebuffers,
    > > ...) who has special requirements (like parport wiring, fixed refresh
    > > rate, different properties...). Also, things like "set_contrast",
    > > "max_constrast", "set_power"... didn't seem very appropriate.
    > Is it a framebuffer device ? The framebuffer layer is abstracted to work
    > with such devices.

    cfag12864bcfb is a "fbdev" (actually, it is a "fb wrapper" for
    cfag12864b, so it behaves like a framebuffer, although it is not an
    usual framebuffer. f.e. it has asynchronous refresh rate, a mmaped
    page to appear to be a fb...).

    Still, it is not the front panel lcd of any specific device like PDA,
    so people that expects only their primary video/ displays may be
    confused if it appears at such section. So we decided to go away from
    video/. Maybe we can change the description, as right now it only
    refers to front panel lcds.

    Miguel Ojeda

      Last update: 2006-11-16 09:47    [W:0.042 / U:5.492 seconds]