SubjectRe: Tyan Opteron boards and problems with parallel ports (badpmd)
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Christopher Warner wrote:

> Just read the other existing thread linked. Is everyone running the same
> model opteron on these Tyan boards (246)? To update even further.
> Besides the parallel port problem I've sent back about 5 of these tyan
> motherboards. A couple of then simply didn't have the gigabit network
> adapters available via bios. In some cases linux loaded the drivers for
> the adapters regardless of their setting in BIOS. In other cases they
> simply were not available.

I have 4 tyan s2882's. 2 with 244's and 2GB of ram and 2 with 246 and 4GB
of ram. I don't appear to have bad parallel ports or bad ethernet
interfaces. They're running fedora core 3's 2.6.11 x86_64 kernel
(2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp)... I cna't tell you what bios version off the top of
my head but i can reboot one tomorrow if that helps.