    SubjectRe: Tyan Opteron boards and problems with parallel ports (badpmd)
    PJS = Peter J. Stieber
    PJS>> I have been having the "memory.c bad pmds" with
    PJS>> a Tyan S2885 motherboard.
    PJS>> <Skip a lot>
    PJS>> I'm just trying anything I can to get rid of the
    PJS>> bad pmd messages.

    CW=Christopher Warner
    CW> Just read the other existing thread linked. Is
    CW> everyone running the same model opteron on these
    CW> Tyan boards (246)? To update even further. Besides
    CW> the parallel port problem I've sent back about 5 of
    CW> these tyan motherboards. A couple of then simply
    CW> didn't have the gigabit network adapters available
    CW> via bios. In some cases linux loaded the drivers for
    CW> the adapters regardless of their setting in BIOS. In
    CW> other cases they simply were not available.
    CW> Also, are the processes you run swapping out/in memory
    CW> repeatedly? Or using a large amount of threading?
    CW> Thread pools? I'm trying to get rid of this problem
    CW> myself. I've seen it extensively in and not as
    CW> much in but I haven't tested lately past .8

    I'm running two 244 processors not 246 processors. The process that
    causes problems is a bash shell script that builds a suite of codes. The
    scipt call other scripts that call autoreconfig then call configure and
    the cofigure dies sometimes. If I repeat the process it works. It might
    be swapping/paging related. I'm not sure how I could tell. I normally
    use stock Fedora distributions. I started seeing the problem in April
    after I installed 2.6.11-1.14_FC3smp. I'm currently running
    2.6.11-1.29_FC3smp provided by Dave Jones and I still see the problem.

      Last update: 2005-05-27 07:05    [W:0.030 / U:2.160 seconds]