    SubjectRe: tasklet_kill will always hang for recursive tasklets on a UP
    Nagendra Singh Tomar wrote:
    > While going thru the code for tasklet_kill(), I cannot figure out
    > how recursive tasklets (tasklets that schedule themselves from within
    > their tasklet handler) can be killed by this function. To me it looks that
    > tasklet_kill will never complete for such tasklets.

    That's also what I found when looking at it a while ago. This isn't
    necessarily a bug of tasklet_kill, just some behaviour that needs
    to be documented.

    You can always introduce a flag that tells the tasklet if it should
    reschedule itself, and clear that flag before calling tasklet_kill.

    When I looked at it (I think this was in some 2.4 kernel), it also
    seemed that tasklet_kill could loop forever if the tasklet is
    scheduled but disabled.

    - Werner

    / Werner Almesberger, Buenos Aires, Argentina /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.250 / U:6.600 seconds]