    SubjectRe: tasklet_kill will always hang for recursive tasklets on a UP
    On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:38:02AM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
    > Nagendra Singh Tomar wrote:
    > > I fail to understand this. How can we say that its not a bug. If we
    > > support recursive tasklets, we should support killing them also. If we can
    > > do it why not do it. Is there any reason for that.
    >
    > It's just a question of how you define "to kill" :-) But the
    > naming is ambiguous, because people may indeed expect
    > tasklet_kill to work like kill(2).
    > Example: if a tasklet allocates some resources, and frees
    > them when running the next time, you'd need a flag that
    > tells the caller(s) of tasklet_kill whether there are
    > still such resources that need freeing.

    Is it really used in this way somewhere?

    I always thought, a tasklet is a self-contained
    (lets say stateless) function.

    For more we have kernel-threads.

    > The current mechanism makes sure that the tasklet will
    > execute one last time, if scheduled before tasklet_kill.

    If your tasklet has states, you can't know, in which
    state it is, when you call "tasklet_kill".
    Can this work reliable?

    Juergen.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:48    [W:0.021 / U:0.264 seconds]