    SubjectRe: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)
    Am Son, 2003-07-27 um 14.59 schrieb Hans Reiser:

    > I thought that close was fine, it was putting it in the same block that
    > was the problem?

    This looks fine for normal harddrives put on flash you'd probably like
    to write the data evenly over the free space in some already formatted
    section still leaving the oportunity to format some other sectors to not
    run out of space.

    > Again, I think this is best solved in the device layer.

    A device layer that shuffles around sectors would have interesting
    semantics, like hardly being portable because one would have to use
    exactly the same device driver with the same parameters to use the
    filesystem and thus retrieve the data.

    --
    Servus,
    Daniel

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:47    [W:0.019 / U:1.224 seconds]