    SubjectRe: Why is Nvidia given GPL'd code to use in closed source drivers?
    On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Brad Hards wrote:

    > On Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:04, Mike Galbraith wrote:
    > > Seriously though, just what is it that graphic CPU makers are
    > > protecting? I can't imagine "how to program our spiffy CPU'" docs exposing
    > > anything important to their competition. Imagine Intel or AMD trying that
    > > tactic for _their_ next CPU. What makes graphics CPUs so special?
    > Giving away the technical detail probably shows where they are infringing
    > other people's patents.

    You could not hit the core point of this issue any harder!
    This is one of the reason I have to sign all those massive restrictive
    NDA's in order to obtain the SPEC's to publish "FREE SOURCE", and
    currently having to write off the expenses for the legalese to make sure I
    do not get trapped.

    If you get to close, you get tatooed with NDA's.

    I can heat my house for the winter in a few years when the first round of
    NDAs expire!

    Andre Hedrick
    LAD Storage Consulting Group

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:32    [W:0.020 / U:0.432 seconds]