SubjectRe: Ok, making ready for pre-2.4 and code-freeze..

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> Getblk/mark buffer races in most file systems
> Protection for inode size fields is wrong right now

I'll take metadata part of the story, but the rest is trickier.
BTW, we still has oopsable bugs in truncate() on continuous-files
filesystems. It will be fixed in cleanup of that stuff (I more or less
have it done, but it will need some testing).

There are isolated bugs in filesystems, but that's more or less matter of
feeding patches to Linus - just that there's a huge heap of them.

For less critical stuff (== near post-2.4.0):
->fhandle_to_dentry() (maybe it will go before the 2.4)
merging ext2 speedup code (O(n^2)->O(n) on ls -l)
cleaning up iget() abuse in UDF
threading flock
cleaning up remnants of dcache abuse in knfsd _and_ NFS.
taking silly-rename mechanism into VFS (and smbfs might _really_
win from that - currently its unlink() and rename() are totally broken wrt
opened files)
threading dcache (with the symlinks stuff done we are down to more
or less reasonable amount of lookup_dentry() calls so tweaking that area
will be bearable. And we'll need it).

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.212 / U:0.324 seconds]