SubjectRe: Ok, making ready for pre-2.4 and code-freeze..

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, David S. Miller wrote:

> I'm still a few weeks away from getting my platforms working again,
> currently I'm wedged at 2.3.27 with some weird perhaps Sparc-specific
> issue that is preventing user apps from stating up after boot.
>
> Could be the new zone code, who knows, no hard clues... been on this
> for 4 days now.

With the filesystems/VFS situation looks so (and I'm not going into IWBNI
area, only code that needs fixing):
ADFS, AFFS, HFS, NTFS, QNX4 - blatantly broken.
UFS - needs cleanup/fixes.
loopback, ramdisk, raid - more or less broken.
CODA - will need serious testing after the expected large patch.
procfs - needs decision on namespace policy/namespace rework. And
proper dealing with races on module offloading, but that's old story.

That's just the most pressing stuff. I'm going to fork the -bird (aka
VFS-CURRENT) after 2.4.0 and will feed the stable/well-tested stuff back
into the main tree (with intention to collapse it after 2.5 will open),
but it would be nice if we could fix at least the stuff mentioned above
_before_ 2.4.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:55    [W:0.055 / U:0.116 seconds]