    SubjectNO_ATIME Patch
    Hi All

    This is my first post to the list. If its a post that should be at another
    place just tell me and I'll leave quietly...

    I have been trying to configure a machine optimised to run as a squid cache.
    I've used Michael O'Reilly's FileHandle patch (which I think is working OK -
    I'm still not sure which refernce is to the filedescriptor maximum - there
    are options for maximum number of files per process and maximum number of
    processes - I've got both set at 3092 - any higher and the kernel that
    results won't boot. I've also altered the resulting limits.h file in
    /usr/include/linux to set the file_max option there to 3092) and the
    configure script will run without complaining about anything.

    Now I want to set the cache drives to use a NO_ATIME option. I found a patch
    looking through dejanews but it didn't take. Can anyone let me know if the
    2.0.36 kernel allows you to set a NO_ATIME option, or if I need a patch, and
    if I do need a patch wehre it can be found?

    David Leigh

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:26.492 seconds]