SubjectRe: NO_ATIME Patch
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, david leigh wrote:

> Hi All
>
> This is my first post to the list. If its a post that should be at another
> place just tell me and I'll leave quietly...
>
> I have been trying to configure a machine optimised to run as a squid cache.
> I've used Michael O'Reilly's FileHandle patch (which I think is working OK -
> I'm still not sure which refernce is to the filedescriptor maximum - there
> are options for maximum number of files per process and maximum number of
> processes - I've got both set at 3092 - any higher and the kernel that
> results won't boot. I've also altered the resulting limits.h file in
> /usr/include/linux to set the file_max option there to 3092) and the
> configure script will run without complaining about anything.
>
> Now I want to set the cache drives to use a NO_ATIME option. I found a patch
> looking through dejanews but it didn't take. Can anyone let me know if the
> 2.0.36 kernel allows you to set a NO_ATIME option, or if I need a patch, and
> if I do need a patch wehre it can be found?

You can just use the noatime option, you need no patch for that. I believe
you want to get Richard Gooch's (I think?) nodiratime patch and use that too.

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2139 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2158 for the rich and the dead.
783 days remaining in the Raw Deal.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.058 / U:0.996 seconds]