    SubjectRe: suspend blockers & Android integration
    From
    2010/6/5 Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de>:
    > On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Arve Hjønnevåg wrote:

    >> > I'm going to fix the framework which puts the group into freeze state
    >> > w/o making sure that there is no held shared resource. Come on it's
    >> > not rocket science.
    >> >

    >> I'm not sure which framework you are talking about here, but I don't
    >> think there is a single framework that knows about all shared
    >> resources.
    >
    > Damn, it's not me talking about "our framework", you are mentioning
    > when it fits your needs.

    You said you were going to fix the framework. I did know if you were
    talking about the cgroup framework, or the android user-space
    frameworks. I don't think either has knowledge about all shared
    resources.

    > If you do not have a clearly defined user space framework, then we
    > talk about a completely random conglomeration of applications which
    > need to be brought into submission by some global brute force
    > approach.
    >
    > I'm tired of this, really. You just use terminlology as it fits to
    > defend the complete design failure of android. But you fail to trick
    > me :)
    >
    > Can you please explain in a consistent way how the application stack
    > and the underlying framework (which exists according to android docs)
    > is handling events and how the separation of trust level works ?

    I don't think I can, since I only know small parts of it. I know some
    events like input event go though a single thread in our system
    process, while other events like network packets (which are also
    wakeup events) goes directly to the app.

    --
    Arve Hjønnevåg