    SubjectRe: suspend blockers & Android integration
    On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Arve Hjønnevåg wrote:

    > >> I don't think is is straight forward. If the a process in the frozen
    > >> group holds a resource that a process in the unfrozen group needs, how
    > >> do deal with that?
    > >
    > > I'm going to fix the framework which puts the group into freeze state
    > > w/o making sure that there is no held shared resource. Come on it's
    > > not rocket science.
    > >

    > I'm not sure which framework you are talking about here, but I don't
    > think there is a single framework that knows about all shared
    > resources.

    Damn, it's not me talking about "our framework", you are mentioning
    when it fits your needs.

    If you do not have a clearly defined user space framework, then we
    talk about a completely random conglomeration of applications which
    need to be brought into submission by some global brute force
    approach.

    I'm tired of this, really. You just use terminlology as it fits to
    defend the complete design failure of android. But you fail to trick
    me :)

    Can you please explain in a consistent way how the application stack
    and the underlying framework (which exists according to android docs)
    is handling events and how the separation of trust level works ?

    We need to know that, otherwise we turn in circles forever.

    Thanks,

    tglx

      Last update: 2010-06-06 02:09    [W:0.047 / U:0.828 seconds]