    SubjectRe: fanotify - overall design before I start sending patches
    > - subtree notification.
    >        Currently to only watch /home and all of it's descendants one must
    > either register a directed watch on every directory or use a global
    > listener.  The global listener with ignored_mask is not as bad as it
    > sounds in my testing, but decent subtree registration and notification
    > would be a big win in a lot of people's mind.

    Unless it's already covered in some way, I would also be interested
    in notification based on "process subtree". What this means is that
    for whatever notification a particular process requests, it's only
    interested in events generated by itself and it's children.
    This is useful in doing auditing for file system related access.