    SubjectRe: [ofa-general] InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.24
     > I was about to post v2 of my patch to avoid port space collisions with
    > the native stack. Can we get that 2.6.24? It is high priority
    > IMO. I've tried to solicit review on it, but I think folks are
    > reluctant... ;-)

    I would like to get this in, but I'm still at least a little
    reluctant, since we would be committing to a user interface that seems
    a little awkward at best, so I'd like to try and find something
    better. Just to summarize my understanding:

    - your patch requires the administration to configure an ethX:iwY
    alias address to use iwarp. (By the way is there anything other
    than "don't do that" that avoids assigning the same address to the
    iwarp alias and a non-iwarp interface?)

    - it would be nicer to create the alias automatically, but an alias
    without an address doesn't make sense. Creating a whole separate
    net device causes problems because the iwarp stuff still needs to
    use the main net device to do ARP etc.

    - so I'm out of better ideas but I still want to push back a little
    before we commit to something ugly.

    I've been meaning to track down the bnx2 iscsi offload patch to look
    and see if this issue is addressed, since the same problem seems to
    exist: it seems an iscsi connection and a main stack tcp connection
    might share the same 4-tuple unless something is done to avoid that

    Also, I think it behooves us to get some agreement on this approach
    with NetEffect and Kanoj (NetXen?) at least, since their iwarp drivers
    seem to be imminent.

    - R.

      Last update: 2007-09-13 23:15    [W:0.047 / U:21.080 seconds]