    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.20-rc4: usb somehow broken
    Date
    Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 20:47 schrieb icxcnika@mar.tar.cc:
    > > When the scanner is not in use, the system automatically suspends it after
    > > two seconds.  When you use sane the scanner is resumed, but it then
    > > disconnects itself and reconnects.  Sane is left trying to control the
    > > disconnected device instance, so of course it fails.
    > >
    > > I'm beginning to think that we need some way to deal with devices that
    > > cannot recover from a suspend.  Several examples have cropped up.
    > > Unfortunately, I can't think of anything better than a blacklist, which is
    > > not very satisfactory.
    > >
    > > Can anyone suggest another approach?
    > >
    > > Alan Stern
    >
    > Just a thought, you could use both a blacklist approach, and a module
    > paramater, or something in sysfs, to allow specifying devices that won't
    > be suspend and resume compatible.

    Yes,
    but in any case the sysfs attributes would have to populated somehow.
    You'd just shift the burden. As this behavior is hopefully rare, it's
    probably not worth the effort.

    I can't think of anything better than a blacklist.

    Regards
    Oliver

      Last update: 2007-01-14 22:33    [W:0.024 / U:0.356 seconds]