    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.20-rc4: usb somehow broken
    On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:

    > Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 20:47 schrieb
    > > > Can anyone suggest another approach?
    > > >
    > > > Alan Stern
    > >
    > > Just a thought, you could use both a blacklist approach, and a module
    > > paramater, or something in sysfs, to allow specifying devices that won't
    > > be suspend and resume compatible.
    > Upon further thought, a module parameter won't do as the problem
    > will arise without a driver loaded. A sysfs parameter turns the whole
    > affair into a race condition. Will you set the guard parameter before the
    > autosuspend logic strikes?
    > Unfortunately this leaves only the least attractive solution.

    There could be a mixed approach: a builtin blacklist that is extensible
    via a procfs- or sysfs-based interface.

    Note that we actually have two problems to contend with. Some devices
    must never be autosuspended at all (they disconnect when resuming), and
    others need a reset after resuming.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2007-01-15 17:49    [W:0.018 / U:5.908 seconds]