    SubjectRe: Connector: Filesystem Events Connector v3

    yang.y.yi@gmail.com writes:

    > the filesystem events connector is small and has low overhead, it only
    > focuses on activities in the filesystem, so I think it should be an option
    > for those users which just concerns events in the filesystem. audit dose do
    > this, but it is complicated and overhead is big, I believe the filesystem
    > events connector is useful, but it maybe need to be improved further.

    Would this be a good tool to tell me why I hear my hard drive stutter
    periodically? This is above the regular buffer flushing.

    I'm curious what application is causing this file i/o since I have plenty of
    free RAM so the only reason it would be hitting disk is if something is
    calling fsync gratuitously.

    --
    greg