    SubjectRe: Connector: Filesystem Events Connector v3
    On 3/24/06, David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
    > From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
    > Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:59:01 +0100
    >
    > > then make the syslog part optional.. if it's not already!
    >
    > Regardless I still think the filesystem events connector is a useful
    > facility.
    >
    > Audit just has way too much crap in it, and it's so much nicer to have
    > tiny modules that are optimized for specific areas of activity over
    > something like audit that tries to do everything.

    the filesystem events connector is small and has low overhead, it only
    focuses on
    activities in the filesystem, so I think it should be an option for
    those users which just concerns events in the filesystem. audit dose
    do this, but it is complicated and overhead is big, I believe the
    filesystem events connector is useful, but it maybe need to be
    improved further.

      Last update: 2006-03-24 15:17    [W:0.019 / U:150.028 seconds]