    SubjectRe: Connector: Filesystem Events Connector v3
    On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:14 +0800, yang.y.yi@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 3/24/06, David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
    > > From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
    > > Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:59:01 +0100
    > >
    > > > then make the syslog part optional.. if it's not already!
    > >
    > > Regardless I still think the filesystem events connector is a useful
    > > facility.
    > >
    > > Audit just has way too much crap in it, and it's so much nicer to have
    > > tiny modules that are optimized for specific areas of activity over
    > > something like audit that tries to do everything.
    > >
    > the filesystem events connector is small and has low overhead, it only
    > focuses on
    > activities in the filesystem

    ... so much that it's not useful for antivirus at least.
    And your claim that audit has big overhead.. can you substantiate that?
    I mean, this code has big overhead too in principle, the biggest
    bottleneck is the sending-to-userspace, and that's the same in both.

      Last update: 2006-03-24 15:27    [W:0.021 / U:21.996 seconds]