SubjectRe: Connector: Filesystem Events Connector v3
Arjan van de Ven 写道:
> On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 22:14 +0800, yang.y.yi@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> On 3/24/06, David S. Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
>>
>>> From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org>
>>> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:59:01 +0100

>>> Regardless I still think the filesystem events connector is a useful
>>> facility.
>>>
>>> Audit just has way too much crap in it, and it's so much nicer to have
>>> tiny modules that are optimized for specific areas of activity over
>>> something like audit that tries to do everything.
>>>

>> the filesystem events connector is small and has low overhead, it only
>> focuses on
>> activities in the filesystem
>>

> ... so much that it's not useful for antivirus at least.
> And your claim that audit has big overhead.. can you substantiate that?
> I mean, this code has big overhead too in principle, the biggest
> bottleneck is the sending-to-userspace, and that's the same in both.

sending to userspace is common for audit and the filesystem events
connector,
audit has many branches to process before sending audit result, it is
real big
overhead.

  Last update: 2006-03-25 06:40    [W:0.455 / U:0.312 seconds]