SubjectRe: Nightly regression runs against current bk tree

Andi Kleen wrote:

>Mark Peloquin <peloquin@austin.ibm.com> writes:
>

>>We have dedicated a machine and thrown together some scripts that will grab
>>and build the latest kernel files, execute the regression suite,
>>collecting (hopefully)
>>enough system state information to allow meaningful analysis of any peculiar
>>results encountered.
>>

>How about doing a LTP run too with some difference file for new FAILs/BROKs ?
>That's not strictly a benchmark, but would help catching regressions
>quickly.

I'm under the impression that LTP and other test efforts seemed to focus
more on functional evaluation, which is fine. We are trying to focus
purely on the performance differences seen from day to day.

>I notice your benchmark mix is very IO heavy, it would be nice to test other
>aspects of the system too. Perhaps lmbench and reaim compute workload?

Your correct. We're just getting started with this effort and we used
this mix to get things going. Once ppl are happy with the presentation
of data, we planned to add more tests to provide a more balanced mix.
But since you asked, we have added lmbench to our -bk3 regression run. :)

Mark

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:35    [W:0.985 / U:0.088 seconds]