    SubjectSpecial Kernel Modification
    Hello All,

    I am new to this list and am very interested in any help that you might
    be able to give me for a particular Linux project that I am working on.

    I am currently using a Pentium III 500Mhz running Mandrake 8.0 Linux and
    Kernel 2.4.3 as a development system.

    The basic problem that I am running into is that I am working on an
    Internet related project and thus need to ensure various types of
    document security for the eventual users of this system, if things go well.

    I have look into using things like "chroot" to restrict the users for
    this very special server, but that solution is not what we need.

    I am building a special xserver that will allow users to login and then
    the xserver will run a single application such as StarOffice. When the
    user exits from the application then the Xserver will log them out.

    My problem is that I need to find a way to prevent the user from
    navigating out of their home directories.

    I have also looking the possiblility of writing my own filesystem, but I
    am told that this needs to be done at the VFS level.

    Is there someone who might be able to give me some information on how I
    could add a few lines to the VFS filesystem so that I might set some
    type of extended attribute to prevent users from navigating out of the
    locations.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Lonnie Cumberland

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.026 / U:391.452 seconds]