    SubjectRe: Special Kernel Modification
    > I have look into using things like "chroot" to restrict the users for
    > this very special server, but that solution is not what we need.

    It sounds like it is to me

    > My problem is that I need to find a way to prevent the user from
    > navigating out of their home directories.

    Then you must put al the files in their home directories. Alternatively
    with later 2.4 you can use bind mounts to remount the application file
    systems below the user.

    > Is there someone who might be able to give me some information on how I
    > could add a few lines to the VFS filesystem so that I might set some
    > type of extended attribute to prevent users from navigating out of the
    > locations.

    It isnt down to attributes - how you can run a binary or load a shared
    library you cant see.

    You might also want to see, but that would
    require a lot of careful policy setup

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.021 / U:73.572 seconds]