SubjectSCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"
Hi Lists,
The Register has an article about the Linux compatibility layer
for Unixware.
The article claims

quote> SCO's Juergen Kienhoefer tells us that by mapping clone processes
quote> directly onto UnixWare's native threads, huge performance gains
quote> can be realised. "Basically thread creation is about a thousand
quote> times faster than on native Linux," he said. The performance boost
quote> could particularly benefit applications such as Domino, according
quote> Kienhoefer.

Somehow I doubt this. I could believe that the glibc pthread layer
causes a lot of overhead for the thread creation, but I cannot
imagine that they get clone 1000 times faster than the Linux kernel.

Do You Yahoo!?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.282 / U:0.188 seconds]