    SubjectRe: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than onnative Linux"

    They've got a lot of very good apps (about 40,000+) that run on this
    platform. The Applications they host are the best thing Uniware brings
    to the party. Most of them will port to Linux without a lot of fus.
    TUX was the best thing they had, but isn't this already on Linux?

    Some of the NetWare pieces (they have a better server than MARS-NWE)
    would move over nicely. Their kernel, as you probably know, is slot
    based and is different from Linux, but Linux is smaller, cleaner, more
    intuitive, and easier to work on.

    :-)

    Jeff

    Tigran Aivazian wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    > > Just remember, Caldera is a LINUX company -- they will take the
    > > best of both, and use it to improve Linux ....
    > >
    > > :-)
    >
    > Hi Jeff,
    >
    > Good stuff, but what I am still wondering is whethere is indeed anything
    > in UnixWare (or any other commercial UNIX) that can be used to improve
    > Linux. Pray do tell us, what do you think such areas might be?
    >
    > At the moment, I can't think of any, and I did work as a UnixWare7 kernel
    > escalations engineer for 2 years :)
    >
    > Regards,
    > Tigran

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:37    [W:4.286 / U:0.008 seconds]