    Subject3c515 ???
    Hi there.

    I see there is support in the 2.2.12 kernel source for...

    3C515 ISA Fast EtherLink

    ...but this has me puzzled, so I'm hoping somebody more clued up than
    I am can answer this...

    1. I recently picked up a 486dx2/50 based workstation base, with
    no expansion slots, and a networking connector on the back
    panel that is clearly wired directly to the motherboard. It's
    not a big system - 8M of RAM and a 430M hard drive - but would
    be more than sufficient for a print server, which is what I
    want it for.

    2. According to the information that came with it (mostly pages
    photocopied at random from the original manuals, with various
    comments scribbled thereon), the network is a "USR 515 10base2
    network interface". The connector on the back panel is a BNC
    connector, which tends to confirm the 10base2 part.

    3. From memory, USR was recently taken over by 3COM, and I believe
    the 3C515 is a 3COM network adapter.

    Based on the above, I would tend to assume that the said driver is the
    correct one, but I would appreciate any comments anybody can provide
    regarding this, especially any positive identification either way.

    Before anybody asks, I can't currently check it out as I don't have a
    keyboard with a PS/2 connector, but I plan on getting one once my
    paycheck clears, which should be around September 15th.

    Best wishes from Riley.