    SubjectNo more Linux 2.4 releases
    Hi all,

    15 months ago I announced that if no more critical fix was to be merged
    by one year, 2.4 would be EOLed after a year (around december 2011). The
    break-in of last year made things a bit difficult for some users but
    nothing really important for 2.4 users was merged since, so the EOL had
    no reason to be delayed.

    However since the break-in, I was surprized to see that some users have
    asked where to find the 2.4 git tree to pick some fixes from it. After
    discussing with several of them, it appears that they're not really
    interested in releases, rather just in having a place where fixes are
    centralized and that the git tree is perfect for this. So I revived the
    git tree in my account and will probably push a patch there once in a
    while if people ask for this, but with no guarantees.

    Anyway I don't intend to waste any more space on with tar.gz
    files nor patches that too few people use.

    The repository is now available here :

    If anyone has any question, feel free to ask.

     \ /
      Last update: 2012-04-09 15:33    [W:0.017 / U:1.284 seconds]